- July 27-29, 2018
- July 26-28, 2019
- Register to attend – July 4
- Submit title presentation by student – July 4
- Title presentation approval by coordinator – July 4
- Hotel reservations – July 6
- Abstract submission – July 13
- LANS registration fee payment – September 28
- Submit expenses for LANS reimbursement – September 28
May 1 – Register Here
Registration Fees :
- $250 per person registration and conference fee for Alliance participants and Coordinators
- $850 per person registration and conference fee for Non-Alliance participants (Single or double occupancy)
- $250 per Non-Alliance Graduate Student working with summer cohort
- $175 per person daily rate conference fee for Non-Alliance participants (No hotel room needed).
- Fee waived for Alliance Emerging PhDs, Doctoral Scholars, and Faculty Members (up to 2 per institution).
- Complimentary Registration: for any student who wishes to invite their family and friends (up to 2). Guests need to sign in at the registration desk and receive a visitor’s pass, which allows them to attend the presentation. This complimentary registration precludes access to meals.
Exhibitor Registration Fees:
- $850 per person conference registration fee
- $500 (Participated 5 years or more) per person to participate in the exhibitor fair
- $750 (Participated less than 5 years) per person to participate in the exhibitor fair
The maximum number of oral PowerPoint presentations we can accommodate is 246 and the maximum number of poster presentations we can accommodate is 120. Oral presentations will be on a first-come-first-served basis to students who submit their poster title presentation. The deadline for title submission and approval by coordinators is July 4. Coordinators must contact Maria DoVale no later than June 29 if they have a student who must absolutely give an oral presentation. Otherwise, students will be assigned a poster presentation time. Changes will not be accepted during the weekend of the symposium.
Undergraduates and graduate students will be assigned to double rooms; all other participants will be assigned to single rooms. Rooms will be charged to the Leadership Alliance master bill account based on the number of nights indicated on individual’s online registration forms. Please inform students that all incidentals will be turned off in the sleeping rooms. Complimentary Internet access will be available in all sleeping rooms and in the general areas of the hotel. Students will not need to present a credit card at check-in unless they choose to have these incidentals turned on.
The coordinators will be responsible for making hotel reservations on the Housing Excel sheet provided by the Hartford Marriott Downtown Hotel for everyone in their respective cohort, including coordinators, faculty, undergraduates, graduate students and other guests. Summer program coordinators will also be responsible for indicating roommate assignments for their undergraduate and graduate students on the Housing sheet. The Housing sheet, reservation instructions, and the email where you send the housing sheet will be distributed to coordinators in the May/June e-letter. Sheets need to be submitted to no later than Friday, July 6. Confirmed hotel rooms will only be available to those participants who are listed on an institutional Housing Excel sheet. The Executive Office will only submit rooming lists once a week.
Be advised that guest accommodations will be available at the normal check-in time of 3:00 pm on arrival day and reserved until 1:00 pm on departure day. Every effort will be made to have rooms available for early arrival.
All programs should plan to arrive by 12pm on Friday 7/27/18 to allow enough time to register prior to an informal networking lunch at the Marriott Hartford Downtown beginning at 12:00pm. Cohorts that would otherwise be unable to arrive in time for the official start of the program at 3pm on Friday should contact the Executive Office to arrange for early arrival on Thursday. Coordinators will be responsible for making travel arrangements for their undergraduate participants, program staff, and guests. All participants should seek the most cost-effective mode of transportation and book travel early to obtain best fares. Graduate students and faculty mentors sponsored by the Leadership Alliance will be approved to have their air or train fare direct billed through the Alliance’s travel agency. Participants traveling by air will fly into Bradley Airport (BDL), which is approximately a 45-minute drive from the Marriott Hartford Downtown Hotel. Ground transportation will be provided from/to the airport on Friday and Sunday.
Billing Procedures & Payment Process Options:
The Leadership Alliance Executive Office will send coordinators a worksheet by July 3 listing SR-EIP designated undergraduates and other approved participants for LANS. Coordinators will provide remaining participants and calculate registration fees and provide contact information for billing. This document should be returned to the Executive Office to the attention of Maria DoVale (Maria_DoVale@brown.edu) by August 4. Invoices for participant registration fees will be sent to the designated billing contacts at Alliance institutions with payment in full due by September 28, 2018. You are able to pay registration fees online by credit card the same way you are able to pay Alliance membership fees. You may contact Maria DoVale if you wish to pay online and she will provide the web link and reference number to complete your payment process. Click here for instructions. Otherwise, you may continue to pay by check through your accounting department.
Read more for information and instructions.