The Leadership Alliance kicked off the Fall recruiting season by participating in Morehouse College’s STEM Research Symposium on August 31, 2017. The event, sponsored by the Office of Science Training and the MARC U*STAR Program, brought together STEM professionals, Morehouse alumni, and institutional partners to highlight professional and career opportunities available in the sciences. Opening remarks from Interim President, Harold Martin Jr. were followed by an alumni panel discussion where students learned more about a variety of STEM careers and how to best prepare to pursue them. The research symposium also featured a poster session, where undergraduates who spent their summers in research-based internships described their projects and findings to attendees. Below are two Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program (SREIP) alumni, Logan Northcutt and Darryl Hill, during the poster session.
To learn more about the Leadership Alliance visit our website, or check the dates below to see when we will be at a campus or event near you.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Sept. 18)
- Howard University (Sept. 19)
- Morgan State University (Sept. 21)
- North Carolina A&T State University (Sept. 27)
- Xavier University (October 11)
- Dillard University (October 12)
- UNCF Mellon Conference (Oct. 12 – 14)
- SACNAS 2017 (Oct. 19 – 21)
- Montana State University (Oct. 23)
- ABRCMS 2017 (Nov. 1 -4)
- Brooklyn College (Nov. 9)