Contact the Leadership Alliance Executive Office:
- Confirm that a speaker is a Doctoral Scholar
- If you are a Doctoral Scholar or faculty member at a Leadership Alliance institution and are interested in speaking at a specific school, we can connect you with the Institutional Coordinator.
Coordinators, you are responsible for:
- Contacting speakers directly to invite them to speak
- Coordinating and paying for their travel. To help keep costs to a minimum we encourage you to invite a speaker that can travel the same day to/from their home to your institution or who would require only one-night hotel lodging.
- Finding a location on campus for the event
- Publicizing the event on campus, if applicable
- Sending out the invitation and collecting RSVP, if necessary
- Publicizing your event on The Leadership Alliance Connect Website
Speakers, you are responsible for:
- Arranging your own travel. If your visit requires that you stay one-night, see if the institution has negotiated rates with local hotels in their area.
- Informing the executive office of the following detailed information:
- Speaker name
- Event title/date/type
- Format of event (i.e. panel, lone speaker)
- Number of attendees
- Feedback from contact
- Feedback from speaker
The Executive Office is responsible for:
- Processing reimbursement for travel and hotel
- Collecting the event information as outlined above from speakers and coordinators
After the event Speakers and Coordinators should:
- Send the receipt or invoice directly to the Executive Office for payment
- Post photos of the event on the TLA Connect website.
- Inform the executive office of your experience and how the speaker series program could improve.